2. When referring to, or thinking of, the ‘One Who is Nameless’ no words will do, because words make comparisons and regarding the ‘One’ there is no other, so no comparison is available. We can compare things, which are within the ‘One.’ There is change and movement within the ‘Whole’ and therefore some things can be said to be different from other things. In this realm things are either this or they are that. The highest deities in this realm of ‘either, or’ are the God and Goddess. They govern all existence between them; what is not governed by one, is by the other.
3. The Lord and Lady when in union, so as to be indistinguishable form the ‘One’ and in this union are in eternal bliss, as all the opposites are in harmony within them.
4. The Sun, as ruler of the day, and the Moon, as governess of the night, between them oversee the entire twenty-four hours perpetually. Therefore, we take these celestial bodies as appropriate symbols for the Lord and Lady. We worship and honor the Lord and Lady by celebrating and recognizing the phases and seasons of the Sun and Moon. By trying to harmonize ourselves with the natural forces that surround us, which are but manifestations of the God and Goddess, we acknowledge the Lord and Lady as the source of our own being.
5. Humanity, in order to understand concepts that are at times very abstract, must use symbols as a means of holding them in mind. These symbols differ from culture to culture. What must be remembered is that what the symbols represent is the same, no matter the culture. We use symbol to represent Deity, which we worship; we do not worship the symbol. We use symbol to give form to our means of worship; the ritual. By performing these ritual celebrations we attempt to attune ourselves to the Divine.
6. As the Lord and Lady in loving union harmonize all the opposites, and thereby achieve bliss, so too by harmonizing the opposites of male and female, in union, do we emulate the Divine and hopefully also reach bliss. The union of man and woman is the Highest Sacrament. If the Sacrament is done with love then that love makes someone other than the self of prime importance and the particular, known as the personality, is transcended.
7. Since all that is, is a part of and exists in the Divine, we see all as being Divine. Therefore the universe is filled with Gods and Goddesses all manifesting to a greater or lesser degree the qualities of the Lord and Lady Most High. Therefore a hierarchy exists of greater and lesser Gods and Goddesses and yet all being equally Divine.